If anything, the fact that these genres are so wide open mean that there are tons of rules out there, some unspoken and some written in black and white. And sometimes, breaking the rules is the only way to tell a really fascinating story. Here are 10 rules of SF and fantasy that more authors should consider breaking from time to time.
Go on you lot: get on with it! 😉
- 10 Writing “Rules” We Wish More Science Fiction and Fantasy Authors Would Break [Daily 10] (io9.com)
- 2 Science Publishers Delve Into Science Fiction (science.slashdot.org)
- Hard SF Lady Writers (rosieoliver.wordpress.com)
- Where Data Meet Diction: Science and Sci-Fi’s Dialogue (the2012scenario.com)
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Books To Read In 2012 (eoghann.com)